OK, so I will admit I have fallen under the spell of the Happiness Project. http://www.happiness-project.com/ Who knew it could be this easy? I am such a sucker for the tag line, “studies show”, and one of the first studies cited shows that taking immediate action gives one a boost and is the gift that keeps on giving. My first resolutions:
- Start writing again – a blog is a great way to start!
- Volunteer – using my best self
- Pursue the intellectual – read more challenging material, think about IDEAS!
Yesterday one of the take action steps was to go to the local public library and submit my volunteer application. I am embarrassed to admit it was the first time I set foot in the door so it may seem odd that I had already decided to volunteer there, but books are my thing, and I need to add some regular human contact to my otherwise rather isolated lifestyle. So the library it is! I was pleased to see that it was comfortable, well stocked, has current book offerings and has wi-fi so some of these missives may originate from there in the future. It is on the other hand, a small town library and needs more space and a remodel – the floors are a serious tripping hazard – I see I have my work cut out for me. What better place to offer my time than a house for books that needs a lot of work, I may be able to use some of that construction knowledge yet.
Take action today items are:
- Work on this blog and find three others that are related or of interest
- Work on my Happiness Project Toolbox – you’ll have to follow the link if you don’t know what that is
- Choose three books that inspire me to mine for essay ideas
- Return my “test” to the library
- Work on one nagging item – filing
I am also hooked on the Happiness Project. I am so happy to see someone else who’s blog I can follow along with!!!