As part of a larger personal project I found myself tackling the garage yesterday. No small task as the weather conditions needed to be such that I could pull out all three vehicles; the truck, SUV and ATV/snowplow and leave them out all day while I regained some order. Once I had a fire in the wood stove to warm it up a bit, the cold garage being another deterrent to this project, I began the process of primarily just putting things away as most of them have a permanent location. All of the storage and shelves were inaccessible when the garage is crammed with vehicles and I had started stacking items near the door. Once order was restored and the garage swept, things I discovered:
- I have projects in progress that had been forgotten
- With a little reorganization I can put most things away when the vehicles are in the garage
- There are packing materials that belong in a distant storage shed, that for the moment is impossible to get to due to the snow
- That the garage does get nice and warm with the stove going
- A warm garage motivates me to work on the projects in progress
- I love the satisfaction of putting things in order
Another sunny day – this one will be in part for errands that take me out of the house and I will see other humans – yea!